Enhancesoft is a fast-growing, profitable, software-product development company based in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Our flagship software, osTicket, has been downloaded over 5 million times, and has users in over 190 countries, making it the most popular open-source ticketing software in the world. The hosted version of osTicket (SupportSystem) launched in August 2013, and has gained significant traction in the help desk and ticketing space, with over 100 new users signing on each month.
We’re looking for a Software Developer who would love to contribute to the development of a software product used by thousands of people every single day.
This position will report to the Senior Software Engineer.
You will be one of our Software Developers and responsible for the development of additional features/functionality, troubleshooting issues, and working directly with clients to customize our two core products (osTicket and SupportSystem).
You may be a match for this role if you:
• Have a deep and unfiltered love for command-line
• Are proficient in PHP
• Are a team-playing, collaborator extraordinaire and own your work
• Love the idea that your work will impact hundreds of thousands of users
• Analyze, design, develop, test, debug and implement software features utilizing PHP
• Produce efficient, clean and well-commented code using best practices in all aspects of your work from software design to version release to testing
• Relentlessly improve and expand your skillset
• Contribute to code improvement — track down and squash bugs, review code, assist customers in solving issues, document code
• Commit to gaining a thorough understanding of our core products – both technically and from the customer perspective.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsand attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
• Deep and unfiltered love for command-line
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• 1 – 3 years of experience with PHP
• Ability to communicate with non-technical peers and customers of technical constraints or issues and the appropriate solutions
Not required but strongly recommended:
• Working knowledge of OOP
• Background with Linux and *nix operating systems
• Familiarity with a software development life cycle
|Company Benefits||Enhancesoft offers a highly competitive salary with excellent benefits. If you want to join a small but growing team, with a proven track record, that is poised and preparing for hyper growth, click “Apply” below to begin the application process. We’ll call or email if we think there’s a good fit. Background checks will be required of final candidates. Enhancesoft is an equal opportunity employer.|
|About Our Location||We’re based in downtown Alexandria, LA – a riverside town named one of Louisiana’s two adventure towns by National Geographic magazine. We’re in the heart of the Kisatchie, the state’s only national forest. Backpack, kayak, mountain bike. Join the diehards for their annual New Year’s Day ride or run on the 31-mile Wild Azalea Trail. Find your tribe at a MakerMorning. Paddle with a crew in the dragon boat races at Alex River Fete, shuffle with the Zombies or yarn-bomb trees as ArtWalk approaches. We’re home to a branch of Louisiana State University as well as smaller colleges, attractive and affordable historic housing and a burgeoning farmers market and restaurant scene committed to local foods. With a mix of small towns and sweeping rural agricultural landscapes, the region’s natural resources are abundant. Alexandria is also located within easy driving distance of Lafayette and Baton Rouge and less than four hours from Houston and New Orleans.|