Enhancesoft is a fast-growing, profitable, software-product development company based in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Our flagship software, osTicket, has been downloaded over 5 million times, and has users in over 190 countries, making it the most popular open-source ticketing software in the world. The hosted version of osTicket (SupportSystem) launched in August 2013, and has gained significant traction in the help desk and ticketing space, with over 100 new users signing on each month.
We’re looking for a Software Developer who would love to contribute to the development of a software product used by thousands of people every single day.
This position will report to the Senior Software Engineer.
You will be one of our Software Developers and responsible for the development of additional features/functionality, troubleshooting issues, and working directly with clients to customize our two core products (osTicket and SupportSystem).
You may be a match for this role if you:
• Have a deep and unfiltered love for command-line
• Are proficient in PHP
• Are a team-playing, collaborator extraordinaire and own your work
• Love the idea that your work will impact hundreds of thousands of users
• Analyze, design, develop, test, debug and implement software features utilizing PHP
• Produce efficient, clean and well-commented code using best practices in all aspects of your work from software design to version release to testing
• Relentlessly improve and expand your skillset
• Contribute to code improvement — track down and squash bugs, review code, assist customers in solving issues, document code
• Commit to gaining a thorough understanding of our core products – both technically and from the customer perspective.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsand attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
• Deep and unfiltered love for command-line
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• 1 – 3 years of experience with PHP
• Ability to communicate with non-technical peers and customers of technical constraints or issues and the appropriate solutions
Not required but strongly recommended:
• Working knowledge of OOP
• Background with Linux and *nix operating systems
• Familiarity with a software development life cycle