Enhancesoft is a fast-growing, profitable, software-product development company based in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Our flagship software, osTicket, has been downloaded over 5 million times, and has users in over 190 countries, making it the most popular open-source ticketing software in the world. The hosted version of osTicket (SupportSystem) launched in August 2013, and has gained significant traction in the help desk and ticketing space, with over 100 new users signing on each month.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who would love to contribute to the development of a software product used by thousands of people every single day.
This position will report to the Vice President of Operations & CEO.
You will be the Senior Software Engineer and responsible for the development of additional features/functionality, troubleshooting issues, and working directly with clients to customize our two core products (osTicket and SupportSystem). Your work will directly impact thousands of people.
You may be a match for this role if you:
• Have a deep and unfiltered love for command-line
• Have a background with Linux and *nix operating systems
• Are proficient in one of the following: PHP, Python, or Ruby
• Are able to quickly analyze data and make logical decisions
• Have excellent collaboration skills, a sense of ownership and are a team player
• Love the idea that your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users
• Develop, debug and implement internal software development utilizing PHP
• Advise non-technical peers of technical constraints or issues
• Track down and squash bugs when found or reported
• Estimate ticket’s level of effort to resolve
• Communicate with QA in ongoing effort to ensure smooth bug releases
• Follow version release standards
• Update documentation and implement unit tests
• Participate in the architecture of new features
• Complete code review process
• Flesh out POC (Proof of Concept)
• Handle Database changes and Schema updates.
• Proof of concept / Prototyping coding.
• Be able to think about scale and plan projects accordingly
• Assist customers in troubleshooting and solving issues
• Develop a thorough understanding of our core products and how our customers (and their customers) interact with it
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superb attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
• Deep and unfiltered love for command-line
• Background with Linux and *nix operating systems
• In-depth working knowledge of OOP
• Four+ years of experience with PHP, Java
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate with non-technical peers and customers of technical constraints or issues and the appropriate solutions
Not required but strongly recommended:
• Familiarity with a software development life cycle